I was so graciously nominated by Pam from Desk Top Learning Adventures for the Liebster Award.
This award is given to those new to the blogging world and serves as a way to say, " Awesome Job" on your newest endeavor. Pam also sent over some questions for me to answer as well as the task to share 11 random things about myself. Here it goes:
11 Random Things About Me...1. I am a second grade teacher, and have ONLY taught second grade
2. I hope to keep it that way. Second grade rocks!
3. I am a terrible speller, and only recently learned formal phonics patterns because I am required to teach them!
4. I have a little miniature dachshund who is spoiled in EVERY WAY. I feel so bad for her right now because she has to share the love with her new little brother ( who she adores!)
5. Oh yeah, I am a new mommy! You can see my little cuteness here!
6. I love to read and have been known to devour a book in less than a day.
7. I almost failed second grade!!! I remember sitting at a conference with my mom, listening to the teacher telling her how terrible I was doing... It was at that point, I knew I needed to take school seriously! LOL! I think this is one of the reasons I identify so well with second graders... it's hard!!
8. I love to cook and bake. It is not uncommon to find me baking something at 5am on a Saturday!
9. I could eat a whole bag of marshmallows in one sitting... needless to say we don't keep marshmallows in the house...
10. I was originally a secondary education major in college. It wasn't until I was in my Intro to Ed class and was required to have 15 observation hours in a classroom that I decided the youngin's were more my style. I couldn't deal with the teen pregnancies and the fact that someone brought a gun to the school I was observing at!!!
11. Several of the teachers I currently teach with taught at my elementary school-while I was there! They haven't aged a bit! (Weird... I need to look into what they are using... :))
11 Answers to the 11 Questions...
- Would you rather play sports or watch them? What’s you favorite? This is a very relative question. It truly depends on the sport... I would rather play baseball than watch it, but I would like to watch football rather than play... If running counts as a sport then that's my favorite! :)
- Is teaching your first or second career? If it’s a second (or third or fourth:), what did you do before this? Although I started teaching a year after I graduated college, I would consider this my second career. Through high school and college I worked in retail management. (That's 8 years!!!!)
- There’s been a lot of talk about this- MAC or PC? PC- I don't own a MAC and haven't had the overwhelming desire to make the switch.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Extrovert! Hands down! I am always talking up a storm!
- What is your favorite way to relax? Running... it is amazing how running 6-7 miles can really clear your head. If it's raining then I am reading!
- What/where is the best vacation you’ve ever taken? Las Vegas!!!!! I am not someone who gambles, so it seems strange to choose this one. My husband and I went here for our Honeymoon ( 5 years after we were married) We had a blast!!! There is so much to do and see!
- If you woke up tomorrow and there were no more schools and you could do anything you wished, what would you do? Well... I would be a VERY SAD girl.. I L_O_V_E teaching! But... I would either be a stay at home mommy or work at a bridal shop. I love the romance around weddings and the sales girl in me is bursting to come out!
- What are you listen to right now? Do kids songs count...?
- Considering birth order, where are you in the chain of command? Which is the best? I am the second oldest of five kids... I would say being the oldest is the best. You learn responsibility pretty fast! Especially if there are 5 kids in your family!
- What is the best part of your job? The best part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference in these young children's lives!
- Would you rather go to a movie or a play? Which was the last you saw? I would rather see a play but the last thing I saw was a movie... Skyfall ( the newest James Bong flick)